York Register Office is a grade II Georgian listed building set a few hundred yards from York Minster.
The entrance is through 2 imposing pillars, leading to traditionally styled interiors.
The Bootham Suite ceremony room
The Bootham Suite room is a delightful, spacious setting for ceremonies. With stylish decor offering a unique setting for your special occasion, including a traditional aisle. The Bootham Suite can seat parties of 2 to 50 guests. It's furnished to the highest standard with an attractive York stone floor and state of the art sound system.
The room opens out onto our beautifully landscaped gardens.
York Register Office gardens
The private gardens are the perfect setting for photographs of your special day. You can make your way down via stepping stones to the lawns, where a large rockery forms the perfect backdrop.
With a large area of greenery, you and your guests can immerse yourselves in nature.
You'll have up to 20 minutes in the gardens to take photographs with your guests, but during busy times this may be reduced to 15 minutes.
Photographers love taking advantage of the scenery, capturing picture-perfect individual and group images outside.
York Register Office disabled access
If you require disabled access, please be aware:
- wheelchair users can use the ramp at the rear entrance to enter the building (note: there are 4 steps at the front entrance)
- our side passageway leading through the garden and to the rear door is all on the same level, so suitable for wheelchairs/buggies
- all ceremony rooms are located on the ground floor
- our garden is fully wheelchair accessible
- disabled toilet facilities are available
- registered assistance dogs are welcome
York Register Office parking
There is no parking available to guests or visitors.
Please use nearby Bootham car park or Marygate car park.