Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
This website (ceremonies.york.gov.uk) is maintained by York Register Office. We take care compiling information for this website, however the content is not guaranteed.
We disclaim liability for injury, loss or damage arising from inaccuracies, omissions or interpretation of its content. If you believe any content to be inaccurate telephone: 01904 654477.
Although we aim to provide constant, uninterrupted access to this website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
We may change these terms at any time, without notice, so you should revisit our terms and disclaimer regularly. We may also change and improve the information and services available on the website at any time.
This website links to 'external' websites (not managed by us). We have no control over the reliability or the content of external websites. Inclusion of an 'external link' is not an endorsement.
When you use this website, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions, and any additional terms on individual pages within the sites.
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from (ceremonies.york.gov.uk). We’ll remove content:
- in order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals
- if it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory
Contact us to ask for content to be removed.
See further information about how we deal with:
Unless otherwise stated, the design and layout of this website and all material published including text, graphics, logos, sounds, images and attached documents are copyright of York Register Office.
It is unlawful to duplicate or distribute any element of this website, without expressed written permission.
Using our website content
All content is copyright protected to York Register Office, however you may:
- use the content contained in this website for reproduction in connection with presentations, reports, printed material, and other similar uses which are publicly distributed or displayed free of charge, including advertisements, posters, catalogues, brochures, and leaflets
- publicly display or demonstrate the website in unaltered form on a computer or mobile device
You may not:
- resell, sub-license or distribute any of the content in any form. Neither may you include the content in any materials that are offered for sale, except in the case of advertisements with publications for which a cover price is payable
- modify, distort, mutilate or alter the content
- use the content in any manner which could be interpreted as suggesting the endorsement or association of any product or service in connection with pornographic, illegal or immoral materials or purposes
- copy or adapt the code used to create this website
- attempt to decipher, de-compile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website
- use the Ceremony/York Register Office logo or branding from this website without prior agreement
You must credit any content used from this website describing the associated copyright holder.
For further copyright information on a particular aspect of this website email: email@example.com.
Linking to our website
We encourage you to create links to our home page and other information on our website. You do not have to ask permission to 'deep-link' directly to the pages we host, but please be aware that changes we make to our content may cause 'deep-links' to break.
Association, endorsement and approval
You should not seek to associate York Register Office with your site or any non- York Register Office content. Nor should you suggest any endorsement or approval by York Register Office of you, your website or any non- York Register Office product or content.
We do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site.
We do not permit a website to link to URL if it contains material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or is in any way a breach of the law or infringes any third party intellectual property rights.
Removal of material
Should York Register Office contact you to remove our materials and/or links from your site, you must do so immediately.
Read our Data Protection Policy Statement which outlines the behaviours and responsibilities expected in order to ensure that we continue to fulfil our data protection obligations.
Read our privacy notice to find out how we protect your personal information.
We understand your concerns about security and make all reasonable efforts to establish secure connections between our systems. We feel these measures provide significant security for the information on our site, however, no system is unconditionally secure.
If you think you’ve found a security problem with one of our online services, contact our Security Team.
See our website accessibility information.
As technology is always changing, we cannot support old web browsers; to access our online services we recommend using the latest version of your preferred browser. Find out which web browsers we support.